Old 09-27-18, 05:50 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18431 Post(s)
Liked 15,586 Times in 7,340 Posts
Originally Posted by NoControl
STOP IT! I'm drooling on my keyboard!
My first ever tour was a x-country group tour with 12 other people. Got ideas from others who had more touring/camping experience than I did, which was no experience. (Each day a pair of us was responsible for coming up with dinner.) Sometimes we had to get creative. Probably the worst meal we ever had was in Rexford, WA. The only grocery source on route was the store at the campground. That night we had pasta with jar sauce and canned vegetables. I remember there being corn and peas. Cannot remember what else that night's cooks were able to scrounge up, but I do remember the end product being pretty bad. Fortunately, one guy on the trip liked spicy food. He carried and bag with various spices in it that he would periodically replenish. The group the Spice Girls were big at the time so we calling him Bob Spice.

The single best idea I have gotten from BF wood-wise is foil-packed fish. I don't eat stuff like that at home and don't often shop for food at "normal" grocery stores, so it was never on my radar screen. Someone mentioned it a a year or two ago and I went "Duh!" Very light and easy to pack if you have to carry groceries a ways to camp.

Part of my cooking setup last year in Glacier National Park. I love that Sea to Summit bowl. It collapses flat when not in use. I have the companion cup that does the same thing. Rigid cups and bowls take up a relatively large amount of space compared to those products.