View Single Post
Old 09-28-18, 05:53 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 337 Times in 252 Posts
Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun
- the magnet needs to be very close to the receiver. I had to build up quite a contraption on the chainstay or the fork to get the receiver close enough (wasn't possible with the included material). that magnet that gets attached to the spokes is just too small. Occasionally the magnet turns and needs to be re-adjusted.
- the cadence magnet slips on the crank with the included rubber. one even fell off. i ended up buying a large molybdenum magnet and glued it on the crank with epoxy.
- every once a while one of the signals (cadence or speed) doesn't display because the computer needs to be re-reinserted in the base.
Indeed mounts tend to be problematic. If I decide that the computer stays, I make my own stainless steel mounts for the computer and sensors. The latter stay on the bike at all times and the mounts prevent their slipping and any easy removal. Since there are contacts involved for the computer my respective mount integrates what the manufacturer provided and my own contraption.