Old 04-14-03, 10:54 PM
Jim311

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ha.. this reminds me of a wierd story.

My (now ex) girlfriend and I were at a friend of mine's apartment, I guess just partying or something. For some reason she and I were outside, maybe she was smoking or something... ugh. Anyway... she saw these kids sitting outside on the curb, and wanted to go talk to them for some reason. They looked like half our age, but I think I'd had a few beers, so I was naturally sociable and followed her over there. We spoke with them for a little bit, small talk I guess.. then she walked back into the apartment and I stood there chatting a little bit longer.

Well.. at that point I was jogging along the sidewalk to catch up, in the dark. The cement dropped down between the garages of the apartment complex, leaving about a 3-4 inch drop in the concrete. So I'm jogging along, and somehow in the dark didn't see the 3-4 inch concrete ledge. I slam my foot into it, breaking my foot horribly, and of course come crashing down onto the sidewalk. But being the crash extroidinaire I am, I managed to fall correctly onto my side so only a small portion of my palm and ankle ever made contact with the pavement. I would have been way more scraped up had I not known how to fall.

But all the skill at falling in the world didn't save my foot from smashing into a concrete ledge and breaking