MauriceMoss

Bikes: None in ridable condition

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmi
OK, now I am really enthused!
It appears that Hopmans is the name of a bike shop (and their racing team), and that these bikes were made by... Ciöcc !
(just as for the Concorde brand) So, that's pretty cool.

See here: https://www.reesfiets.nl/product/hop...corpione-61cm/

Now, if anyone has complementary (or contradictory) evidence, I am very interested.

While it's possible that Ciocc built frames for Hopmans, I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion based on the linked bike. I have not come across other sources claiming Ciocc was a source for Hopmans. I have seen claims that some Hopmans bikes were "made by Concorde".
Veltec (parent company of Concorde) contracted multiple companies for the bikes they sold. Top frames were built in Italy (Ciocc and Billato, possibly others) but there were other suppliers, including outfits in Belgium.

And since the linked bike is for sale, it's probably got a better chance of selling if it's claimed to be a Ciocc rather than an unknown.
It does have Ultech dropouts (which were used on a lot of Concordes) yet it doesn't look like a Ciocc product (or a Concorde) to me but, who knows.
There were some Granchio models that you could say closely resemble some Concordes.

As for your frame, it's hard to tell from the picture, but it could be an Italian bike. The lugs look different than on any Hopmans or Concorde I've seen so far. It's difficult to say what shop/factory your frame came from.