clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2298 Post(s)
Liked 2,054 Times in 1,254 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowegian
Is the BMX standard smaller than a nominal 1" stem? I'm just thinking the OP might need a set of bars for a 1" stem and not a 1-1/8 stem. I have never seen bullmoose bars from the 1-1/8 era but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

I think I have a 21.1 quill 'golfclub' stem if there is any interest in that. Not sure how that would help the OP but thought I'd throw it out there for anyone else. I'd have to measure it to verify if it is 21.1 or 22.2 but I'm leaning towards 21.1.
Originally Posted by kiblam
I ordered some bullmoose bars on ebay and unfortunately they don't fit my bike. So I'm looking to trade them for a set that will, or sell them. 21 mm quill. 80's vintage. I guess I need a stem that fits 1-1/8. I'm new to the forum and it won't let me post pics until I reach 10 posts. So if interested, contact me and I can send you pictures. I'll also post pics when I'm able to.
If you have the early 21.1 bmx standard stem diameter, you'll have a hard time finding bullmoose bars in that size. Adapting the bike to other stem/bar designs will also be a challenge. You can look for. 833 stems online, these are a match. Or find a quill adapter to go from 21.1 to 22.2. Also a little rare. Measure your steerer carefully, no guesswork allowed