tantum vehi

Bikes: More than I care to admit

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked 992 Times in 491 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
Which flat pedals and what shoes?

I ride these with no problems on my commuter, they do slip a bit when wet. The solution on this is to drill and tap some of the round protrubrences and add some set screws. I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

A maybe better solution are the Thin Gripsters which are pretty sticky. I've used these on my gravel grinder, they work very well.

The main feature of both of these pedals vs most others is the significantly larger surface area. This allows you to wear a "soft" shoe and not hurt your foot from force concentration on just the ball of your foot.
Correct question to ask. I dislike traditional rat traps: too small and poor grip. But I love MKS Lambdas - I have them on two rigs that see regular gravel and very bumpy roads. I had very minor foot slippage once, and that’s it. I have used clipless for decades and still like them, but all the various shoes I have make my feet hurt after 40-ish miles.

There’s a reason mountain bikers use those long, wide pedals with the studs in them, they work very well.