View Single Post
Old 10-05-18, 10:35 AM
1speed4me

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mouse View Post

Heís just pointing out a valid thought error. If youíre really looking to shave weight, thatís not the place. Everyone keeps telling you this, (literally from the first reply) but okay donít listen. Weíre all idiots. I get it, the bike has sentimental value and you enjoy the aesthetic of it. Itís probably your first tinkering with a bike of this sort... doesnít change what it is... or what it can be. Which was never supposed to be a fixed gear / track bicycle in the first place. IMO look for a quality BB thatís gonna last and do you good... screw the weight aspect. Sorry for the tough love... Youíre not installing an anchor. That is all. Chill
I'm chill. It is my first fixed conversion, not my first fixed gear bike. I like older stuff, so this is what I chose to build. I'm fully aware of the negatives of a build like this, but I'm trying to offset them wherever possible and thereís something about having nice parts on such a domestic frame that appeals to me. I have a lot of bikes, but this one is by far the most fun to ride, so it gets the most action. I could even possibly see myself selling off the rest of my herd and having this as my only bike... So I want to make it the best it can be, within my budget of course and it has to stay an attractive, cohesive piece in my eyes. I know a BB isn't a ton of weight savings, and I understand all of the reasons why a lighter one won't make a difference. My Ti eggbeater 11's probably didn't make a damn bit of difference compared to the 2's I had on there before, but I like them, they make me happy, that's all that matters on my bike. I know you guys probably see a ****ty old Schwinn, which it is, but I dig it and a cheap $20 BB just seems like the wrong thing to do.

Last edited by 1speed4me; 10-05-18 at 10:43 AM.