Old 10-05-18, 08:47 PM
fiat0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daoswald
I am 6'3"

I was 212 in April. In August I'm now 194. The goal is to keep easing my way down toward the 180s as long as it feels right.

The concept is simple, and the implementation is hard but thoroughly enjoyable:
  • Step 1: Ride 4-5 days a week, 15-60 miles, targeting over 100 for the week (typically around 120 now).
  • Step 2: Eat when I'm hungry, until I'm full. Don't eat when I'm not hungry, or when I'm bored.
That's about it. The topography of my area dictates that if I leave my own neighborhood on a ride, I'm going to have 800-2000 feet of climbing, guaranteed. The hills help.

People mention the difference. I state I've been cycling. They nod as if it's a foregone conclusion that getting onto a bike here and there will shed pounds. That assumption is not recognizing that it's not a few miles here and there a couple times a week; it's a commitment to hit that 100+ and 4-5x/week threshold consistently. As for my eating, I eat whatever I want when I'm eating a full meal, and in whatever quantity I want. But I eat full meals when I need them, and stay away from other times.
Sounds like a great plan that can work for me too.