Old 10-08-18, 09:38 AM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
So you left a lock by itself on a random pole and are shocked when it disappeared?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for asking for forgiveness later than permission first. So I feel your philosophy of "just do it and see if anyone complains" but in this case that backfired. So going forward you need a new tactic.

Not saying I'd go to the chief of medicine and get a notarized statement allowing you to leave your lock there. But I'd probably go to the maintenance department and tell them you're doing it and ask them not to mess with it next time. Maybe bring some donuts.

However, I'd also add that you clearly have a lot of animosity toward your employer for reasons unrelated to biking. Maybe that's not the right job for you. Why be miserable all day fighting the system you hate? Maybe look for a place that shares your philosophy of patient care. There ARE better hospitals out there who put patients first. No idea what's available in your area, but not all hospitals suck. Why waste your life in a place that doesn't appreciate your level of care for patients?
in the OP he describes that he emailed some people inc. maintenance. He can't possibly talk to every single maintenance person. This seems to be a huge hospital with 24/7 operation.. they may have hundreds of mechanics, landskeepers etc. on staff. Maybe I missed it, but he didn't mention there were biek racks available, at least not near that entrance he works at. a hospital can be a huge campus and having bike racks on one end may not be useful if he works half a mile away.