View Single Post
Old 10-08-18, 06:57 PM
enigmaT120

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Fargo 2, Rocky Mountain Fusion, circa '93

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I made another trip up to Chehalis, parking at Lebam again for my ride. This time I headed the other way, toward Raymond. The trail was still really rough but at least somebody had mowed it! I wore long pants but they weren't necessary. It was pouring rain that day and several days before, but I seem to have deleted my pictures of how I looked riding for 18 miles or so on that muddy trail with no fenders on my Fargo! I still need to put them on, come to think of it. I turned around at the outskirts of a town called Menlo.

More Willipa Hills Trail by Ed Miller, on Flickr

The rainbow looked like a pool of light nestled in the little valley.

I took off during a brief break in between downpours, for some reason I prefer the rain to start after I am already riding. I forgot to put the seat cover on my Brooks and thought I had ruined it, and I found that wet muddy hands don't work well to use the fingerprint reader on my work iPhone but I still took quite a few pictures. I liked the contrast between the dark clouds and bright blue sky.

This section is still not my favorite, and largely went right be Highway 6. I was tempted to ride back to my car on the highway but I decided to just go back on the trail like I always have.

Last edited by enigmaT120; 10-08-18 at 07:09 PM. Reason: made a mistake