Banned

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by NiGoCo
Thanks noglider.
A little back story on my knees. About ten years ago I saw an ortho about some severe knee pain I'd been having. He poked around a little and said I had partially torn meniscus in both. Gave me the option of getting scoped or getting cortisone shots. I declined both options at the time. I lived with it for eight years. Two years ago I'd had enough and finally got the shots. Took a couple rounds but I've been mostly pain free since then. But in the back of my mind I'm afraid that because I waited so long and never got it cleaned up that I'm only one bad move away from being back into pain again. It was pretty debilitating at times and I don't want to go back to that.

In other news I commuted into work this morning. With the seat moved back I was putting much less pressure on my arms and hands. I can now pull my hands off the bars pretty easily without having my pelvis move on the seat. It's a much more comfortable position and I had no issues with my hands at all.

Severe weather came through when it was time to leave so I chickened out and had my wife stop by and pick me up on her way home from work. I wasn't to interested in riding into this mess.

To be fair I would have had her pick my up if I wasn't on the bicycle anyway. I don't own a car, only a motorcycle so I would have been out in the elements either way.
Cool pics.

That mess is exactly what that bike is designed to ride though ... no fender and no batteries (originally). What you have is an excellent all weather commuter that won't be affected by rain/mud/snow.