Old 10-10-18, 10:31 AM
cyclintom

Bikes: Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Basso Loto, Pinarello Stelvio, Redline Cyclocross

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
This morning I had 2 separate run ins with pedestrians.

The first was a guy walking in the road (perfectly good sidewalk next to it) against traffic, who I had to go around. He yelled something to the effect of "get on the sidewalk, a-hole!" when I went around him. I'm assuming he was crazy.

Then I'm stopped at a red light. I'm behind the line, out of the cross walk....right where a car would stop. Dead stopped. Sitting there for a good minute. Remember the part about how I'm stopped. That makes this funnier.....I've got more blinking lights on my bike than a fire truck. A woman jogging is crossing the street, avoids the crosswalk, and nearly runs clean into the side of me. She stopped at the last second and didn't actually hit me. But she looked up and had this look of shock and terror on her face like I'd just jumped out from behind a tree to scare her. Just running along totally oblivious to the world around her. (This one was funny as hell)
Was she wearing ear buds and listening to music from her smartphone? This is a large cause of pedestrian deaths these days.