Old 10-10-18, 03:28 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Recommend a Book on Touring
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
Folks, I am about to be down hard for a long time for two major shoulder surgeries. I am going to need some reading material. What Touring book would you recommend? I'd like one that is fairly comprehensive and geared toward beginners.
Originally Posted by mev
Are you thinking of general adventure, HOW TO, a particular destination of some general mix?
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
I was thinking "how to" or an instruction manual, but come to think of it, I'll take all recommendations.
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel
As many people have already stated “ Crazy Guy On Bike “ website is great. Nothing fancy but you can follow the adventures each day with some pictures.
Dittoes to all the well wishes for your recovery. I was off work for three months after a cycling accident, and sought after ways to fill my time, including becoming devoted to such TV shows as “The Andy Griffith Show,” and “Perry Mason,” old and new series; setting up an Excel spreadsheet to catalogue all the senders and messages in my get-well cards; and posting (with physical effort) to BikeForums.

+10 for https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/]. There’s never enough time to thoroughly read such interesting trip reports, especially for me having done a memorable cross country ride. Furthermore, it may be beneficial with your shoulder issue, that you don’t need to turn pages.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 10-10-18 at 03:40 PM.