Old 10-10-18, 11:45 PM
Buellster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Bridgestone XO-3(1992?) or Fuji Sundance (1984?)

If this belongs in the standard discussion forum more than appraisals feel free to move it admin...

My Cannondale ST500 is in progress. I still dont know if I'll keep it but I'm at least going to grease up the parts and give it a good test ride. Since it's an aluminum frame it cant be cold pressed. This means it cant replace my Harding as my daily commuter given it has a 135mm Alfine 8 speed hub drive train setup I'd like to use in a frame more my size.
so I have two bikes that may be decent contenders. I really like the 40s I have on my Harding and so Ive been drawn to two bikes with a good amount of clearance.
I know these are both, at best, lower end models. I'm looking for a daily commuter though so hi-tenesque frames are not a terrible option.
Anyway! On to the two options
A.) Bridgestone XO-3 I think it's a 92 but I am unsure. Shape looks a little rough around the edges but I like the clearance and the look of it.
$80 (only pic avaible)

Seller says its my size at 60cm (looks to be small by my eye 58cm or less) has the clearance I want. Price is 80 dollars which feels a tad high, should I try and bargin down if I go for this one?

B.) A 1984(I think) Fuji sundance
I actually kind of love the look of this one and those bull moose handlbars are something else! Its priced at $150 which feels too high. Seller says it has all new housing and cables, new rear tire, and they took it apart greased things up and put it back together. If it is in ready to ride shape that price seems more fair.

Also my size, I think. Ad says 23.5"

My inclination is towards B. It looks to be a better constructed frame, it has even more clearance than the bridgestone I think and its ready to ride. Given its twice the price though I wanted some other opinions.

Thoughts on which bike is a better overall machine?
Forum searches reveal neither are anyone's dream bikes, but they ride well to excellent depending on poster.
Open to all suggestions from "run dont walk to buy" to "Run dont walk away, far, far away"

thanks as always guys!

Last edited by Buellster; 10-10-18 at 11:53 PM.