Old 10-11-18, 02:40 PM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1955 Post(s)
Liked 3,661 Times in 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by wipekitty
I commute, by bike, to a college campus, where many of the students come from rural areas in which they have never experienced things like a stoplight or crosswalk. Add in a bunch of earbuds and smartphones, as well as limited parking near campus, and it is quite the experience...

I couldn't agree more. Here in the Upper Midwest, though, we are only rude when we get into motor vehicles, and we are polite the rest of the time. You can imagine the looks of shock, horror, and even fear that result when someone who is not in a motor vehicle dishes it back!
+1, I very often dish it back. Followed by recording the licence of the vehicle and calling the police. The police can't do much but a call or interview with them will generally adjust the attitude of the offending driver. I never get repeats from the same ******* after the cops are involved, plus sometimes when they run the plates outstanding warrants come up!