Old 10-16-18, 05:06 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3917 Post(s)
Liked 1,970 Times in 1,406 Posts
Seems like neither here nor there to me. Too many for ketosis, not enough to replace lost liver glycogen. For me, that'd be a recipe for feeling crappy all day. What works for keeping the weight off, and losing weight for that matter, is lifestyle modification. For me, that means continuous year-round exercise of some sort, and quantities of a variety of healthy foods at every meal which don't put weight on me. Pretty simple, really. I haven't exercised in about 10 days, very unusual for me, but I've been working in panic mode and then of course caught a cold which went down in my lungs. F old age anyway. Be that as it was, I've gained no weight. We even had a series of dinner parties with alcohol during this period. Just didn't eat as much the next day - didn't need to, didn't get hungry. I will admit to limiting carbs somewhat. One doesn't want to get into a carb cycle - eat carbs, low blood sugar, eat carbs to bring it back up, etc. I like protein and fat for snacks to smooth that out and usually have some at every meal.

So what the hey? Why no exercise at all? Can't you get to the gym to do upper body? At our gym, we have a guy with no use of his lower body who works out. It's a trick for him to shift from wheelchair to machine or bench, but he does it. You can even do cardio that way, hand cycle and just high reps with 1' or less breaks between sets. No great harm in building a little upper body muscle. You'll lose it when you can ride again anyway. Besides, it'll improve your mental state. Any kind of progress turns me on.