View Single Post
Old 10-17-18, 03:21 PM
paulthepyke

Bikes: Surly Cross-check, Oryx T-line 750

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My plane landed and departed from Naples so to get to Sicily and coming back to Naples I took the ferry, it's overnight so you get to the port around 6-7 pm the ferry leaves around 8 pm and the next morning at 6 am you get off the boat, so it's great you don't loose a day of travelling. There was a lot hills except for maybe 100 to 150 kilometers south east of Trapani where it was flat but other than that the hills were many but not that bad, often the road went between mountains. The latin name of the tree is: Ficus macrophylla subsp. columinaris I haven't researched the name in english but I beileve that that tree represents the 150 years of unity of Italy. I was attracted to Naples because as much as I love the country and forests and calm I am very attracted to big citys where everything moves where you can let your crazy side come out, where you can be one in a million and not get noticed, but Palermo was my revelation (in french we say coup de coeur, shot of the heart, heartfelt maybe) I fell in love with that city. That trip was better than any therapy (not that I needed therapy).

Ciao
Paul