View Single Post
Old 10-17-18, 03:55 PM
F.Bacchus 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by clubman
The white fender rule doesn't apply here. Yours is a Raleigh made New Hudson and is therefore 57 or later. Serial numbers are only useful to a point since Raleigh lost most records in a fire. US frames of this timeframe usually had an RA prefix, Canada had an RC prefix but hard dates are impossible. Usually the 3 speed hub indicates the year or year before assembly. What's your numbers?
Serial number is on the top of the seat lug, 2003027.
I was an idiot and threw out the original wheelset because they were almost literally made of rust and I didn't realise the value of the hub. Current wheels are replacements. The original was a single speed bsa coaster brake going off memory.

Originally Posted by Velo Mule
Nice bike. It is interesting to note that there is no roller for the 3 speed cable. Only cable housing. Does it shift smoothly. I imagine it does as long as the housing is nice and lubed.
The bike came with no hardware/fittings for a three speed shifter so I got an old sturmey shifter and bottom cable stop, then bought a new sturmey archer cable from the lbs. I assume that because it's modern its like a regular plastic lined brake cable, shifting is super smooth.

Last edited by F.Bacchus; 10-17-18 at 04:00 PM.