Old 10-18-18, 08:16 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by bennybenny
Goodbye Clydes! Weighed in at 199.2 today, at age 43 and 6 foot. I haven't had the journey that some of you had, only topped out at 216, but lost the weight pretty quickly. My goal by Spring is to build muscle, endurance, and weigh in at 170 as I still feel heavy on a road bike at 200lbs. Thank you for your inspiring stories, keep going!!!

I am no expert and my methods might not be correct, but few things I've learned in losing a tad of weight:

1. I weigh myself everyday. This keeps me accountable and keeps me thinking about the next day weigh in. This is not for everyone. I went out for pizza at a new place with my kids the other night, and I love pizza, but I took it easy thinking about the next day weigh in (which was up!).

2. I didn't start losing weight until I started lifting weights.

3. I picked endurance events and am training for them in the Spring and Summer. I need a goal, I need to envision myself several months from now and where I want to be. I just don't 'want to lose weight.'

4. Early morning workouts before work: empty gym, gets me going for the day, calorie burn continues throughout the day; there is no way I can workout at night after work and kid stuff.

5. It's all diet. All the often confusing losing weight information, I think it comes down to consuming less.

6. avoiding 'slumps'; I was cruising along losing weight 2-4 lbs per week, and then BANG! Went out one night, drank, skipped workout next am, ate poorly, but this continued for FIVE days. I realized that I have had slumps that have lasted years! So avoid the slumps, or keep the slump for one day and then start chipping away again.

Take care, keep pushing yourselves as will I.

Benny