View Single Post
Old 10-21-18, 04:18 AM
eeparis

Bikes: Liv Avail Advanced 2 (2016), Specialized Diverge e5 comp women's (2018)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nubie
Just wondering if the OP ever discovered the answer to her/his question. I also recently bought a Diverge (aluminum) and my cousin purchased a carbon version. Hers comes with 38mm stock knobby tires, mine with 30mm smooth ones. I'm looking into knobbier tires so we can do trails together, not sure what width I should get. I read that 38mm was the max my aluminum frame could use, 42mm for carbon. Is this true? I only read this in one review, all the others I've read state that 42mm is the max, making no differentiation between aluminum vs. carbon frames. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks!
Hi, I just bought the same bike as yours, the Diverge e5 comp women's version, and I'm wondering how those Gravel King 35s are working out for you, and if you had trouble getting them on the rims. (I had no idea, when I bought the bike, that it would barely take/wouldn't take 38 tires. Almost all the info I see online doesn't differentiate between the aluminum and carbon frames re. tire clearance. Very annoying. I also wonder if frame size makes a difference. I've seen posts by people who are running 38 tires on this bike, but maybe their frames are larger. Mine is a 48 women's frame, so pretty small.)