View Single Post
Old 10-21-18, 11:29 PM
Buellster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
Good looking job. I picked up a 1985 ST 400 earlier this year and I love the bike. It has been long time since I've used that Huret RD. I did use one when I rode across the country. It's a good derailleur that can take an unbelievable amount of chain wrap but you do have to baby it a bit when shifting. Personally I'd likely replace it with a suntour or a shimano unit but you may want to post a thread on this in C&V. I think this Huret mounts up a bit differently.
I've got a newer generation suntour something or other on it currently. I also had to change out the factory free wheel for a regina corsa I had around. 5 speed to 5 speed and the gearing feels pretty similair teeth wise.
I really cant rave about this bike enough. It rides so wonderfully! This bike needs a repaint because I want to hold on to it for a long time.
Somone let me know that was the appropriate way and some pics I've found online seem to confirm it. I'll keep it around. I'd like to try it with the original parts on it and see how it feels.
It will probably get deconstructed here pretty soon. The paint job I did on it was not good quality and I'm so in love with it that I dont want to ride it in the rain with this poor cover up job.
I am officially a believer in cannondale now. If I see another one around for a deal I wont be turning my nose up at it.

also
Cross country bike trek? Tell me more!
When did you do that? How far did you travel and how long did it take?