View Single Post
Old 10-22-18, 09:47 PM
Lascauxcaveman 

Bikes: A green one, "Ragleigh," or something.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 630 Times in 356 Posts
My weakness is focus. I'll buy anything that is old and cheap, then either ignore while it takes up space in my shop, or waste time getting it ready for a flip that doesn't bring in that much profit.

I should just get rid of everything I don't absolutely love and limit myself to 'grail' purchases. The problem with that theory is, some of the stuff I absolutely love is stuff I picked up because it was - you guessed it - old and cheap.

Vicious cycle.

Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
@Dfrost has said, many times, there is no 63cm frame that I could not love. He is pretty much on the money. 63-66cm frames just get me...
Case in point: I was given a pair of Ross Super Grand Tour Professionals by a local lady who was cleaning out her barn. And while I appreciated the acquisition of two full Shimano 600 Arabesque groups, I wanted to love the bigger 25" (63cm) of the two frames as it was in pretty nice shape, and my preferred size. I built it several ways, including using my best wheel sets, and could not find a way to want to actually ride this bike. Absolutely horrendous. Worst frame ever.

Since then I've come to know you and David quite well, I wish I'd saved this frame so the both of you could continue to test your "anything big" theory. But I sold it several years ago as a rather cool-looking (but absolutely horrendous) fixie.

● 1971 Grandis SL ● 1972 Lambert Grand Prix frankenbike ● 1972 Raleigh Super Course fixie ● 1973 Nishiki Semi-Pro ● 1979 Motobecane Grand Jubile ●1980 Apollo "Legnano" ● 1984 Peugeot Vagabond ● 1985 Shogun Prairie Breaker ● 1986 Merckx Super Corsa ● 1987 Schwinn Tempo ● 1988 Schwinn Voyageur ● 1989 Bottechia Team ADR replica ● 1990 Cannondale ST600 ● 1993 Technium RT600 ● 1996 Kona Lava Dome ●

Last edited by Lascauxcaveman; 10-23-18 at 12:24 AM.