View Single Post
Old 10-24-18, 08:40 AM
McMitchell

Bikes: Focus Mares CX, Rocky Moutain Sherpa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question regarding 650B, since this now seems to be an “official” topic on this thread.

I have 700C 40mm WTB Nanos on Stan’s Grail tubeless rims, which I plan to use on forest roads, trails, rougher travel. I am looking for a set of wheels to use on the paved/ gravel roads I ride more regularly. As I understand the idea behind 650B, one uses a smaller rim to achieve a taller tire that can be run at lower pressures and absorb more shock. Which makes me think they may work for my conditions? I believe these tires typically wind up narrower too, although I understand that depends on the tire. I ask because it seems more people use them for rougher conditions.

As I previously mentioned, to much fan fare, I do not have a “road” bike. My Focus Cyclocross bike is close enough to a road bike for me. I like riding the Focus bike on the “paved” roads I ride regularly for many of the same reasons mentioned for people riding “road” bikes. I feel like I am flying compared to my MTN bike. It is easier to get up hills.....I stay in middle gears more of the time.....I like my bike for my conditions too, always looking for ways to make the ride more enjoyable though.

Last edited by McMitchell; 10-24-18 at 08:43 AM.