Old 10-25-18, 04:19 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill
FWIW, Carnival Time in NOLA is wonderful. Just stay away from Bourbon Street. (Are there ANY parades on Bourbon Street?)

Actually, Bourbon Street pretty much sucks 24/7/365.

Other than that there are so many fests, great music (d.b.a is right next door to you), plus spectacular food.

But keep up the charade, it’s a MAGNIFICENT continuing anti-tourism screed.

-mr. bill

I am a pi$$-poor New Orleanean. I freely admit this. I use my festival schedule in order to locate places where nobody will be when that festival sucks them all over there. For instance. If I didn't live here I would never come here. If I ever move I would never come back. I don't even drink alcohol, cant stand drunks, and my body fat index is really low. I have almost nothing in common with the locals. If I bought a car I might as well file for divorce too, because I would jet out of here every single weekend. I very much enjoy the liberal atmosphere but don't want to hang with these people. My wife and I use the Saints and LSU games to run interference for us when we want to go out to popular places. City is a ghost town during football games. Have the place to ourselves for 3 hours at least.

Last edited by JoeyBike; 10-25-18 at 04:28 PM.