View Single Post
Old 11-04-18, 03:19 PM
pressed001
glorified 5954

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 23 Posts
Thanks Dmag. Things are in full swing. Just waiting for the paint to be professionally removed by the bike-shop/manufacturer, Stolz. These guys are really great and put a lot of passion into their work.

Anyway the parts are on order.

The white industries XMR's in blue should complement the overall chrome/blue color scheme quite well!

Those are being paired with the polished Crest Mk3 rims, sapim CX ray's and blue sapim nipples. I really don't like aluminum nipples but make an exception in this case. The blue will look great against the polished steel/aluminum. I will never forget buying a used scott scale LTD with top-shelf DT-Swiss carbon rims and wanting to true them. The aluminum nipples just disintegrated upon attempting to turn. I had to rebuild the wheels to true them. I really hope that will not be the case for me here. If you guys think otherwise, let me know and I will stick with brass nipples!

I need to start sanding the fork. Plan is to have it painted chrome, if possible. Tomorrow I will contact the automotive paint shop which did such a great job on the clear-coat for my Kuota project. Hopefully they can get it done. I am really not digging the trend of black carbon forks on all these non-carbon bikes. To deviate further from trend, I plan to have the carbon seatpost painted the same chrome. If not possible, will be going with a Thomson Elite in silver.