Old 11-04-18, 07:58 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4378 Post(s)
Liked 4,014 Times in 2,679 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
My daughter learned the hard way how pot holes sometimes hide under puddles. At least that's her story.

She has a few scratches and the bike has a bent hanger. It will give me a chance to mount the fenders for her.

God idea about the second hanger for the Chilkoot. I have a second hanger for my Niner just in case. How is that bike coming along?

-Tim-
Ahhh...gotta love those potholes. Luckily I have never had any more issues other than some flats.

Fender mounting is always fun. I bet one day in the future someone will invent a fender mounting tool that has lazors and computors that auto adjust or something. Not needed but someone somewhere will do it. With all the odd bike tools they are making these days I bet some student somewhere will be working on it.

The Chilkoot is one of my bikes that is finished. The correct wheel is finally on it (WI T11 front hub, archtype rim) and the old wheel is where it should be on the Phil Wood frame. Though to be fair there is a really dumb part of me that is saying "ooooh Cane Creek ti crank, wanty wanty gobert) but I have also been toying with getting a WI crank and a possible 110 bearing swap but I have no need everything is good. Maybe some new tape but I am saving that for a time when I don't have 4 other bikes being worked on.

The Phil Wood hopefully will be finished soon, just need to replace front housing (cut a little short) and wrap bars and some tweaking the front shifter and derailleur. The touring bike has some wiring issues I need to figure out. I am waiting on wheels for the Langster and my Raleigh needs some parts ordered but that was always a major back burner project I just had to get the bike before they were all gone. Next year I will try and take on fewer projects since I still have projects from this year. Maybe won't buy another bike...hahhahaha, though I could parlay more money towards savings and figure out any upgrades or odd stuff I have wanted but never got around to.