Old 11-05-18, 11:25 AM
seamuis
aire díthrub

Bikes: Raleigh Competition, Pashley Roadster Sovereign, Mercian Vincitore Speciale

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by daoswald
Irrelevant to my observation. I'm using wheels with a 17c internal, which is within the sweet spot for 25 and 28mm tires. Yet my 28mm Conti GP4000sII tires measure in at 35mm. They fit, but just barely. I'm quite surprised that there are no rub marks on my frame given the fact that I can barely see light between the tire and the frame. Really, the tire is too big for the frame, but I've been running it for 1800 miles without problems. Nevertheless, I'll probably move down to the next lower size, or switch brands when I finish the wear on my "28mm" Conti.
my h+sons are 17.6 internal width and and every conti tire I had was several mm’s too small. But you are right, there’s no way a 17mm IW could produce a 35mm mounted size. I’m very surprised though, to hear that you’ve been riding it like this, mainly because I’m surprised the tires clear your brakes. What brakes are you running, and how much clearance do you have? I’m very curious.

Last edited by seamuis; 11-05-18 at 01:00 PM.