Old 11-05-18, 02:35 PM
5kdad

Bikes: Felt Z100 road bike, Schwinn Frontier, Salsa Marrakesh, box-store tandem, and Sun Recumbent trike.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by alan s

Good chance he would still be touring if she hadn’t intervened.

Anyway, try a few shorter tours to get your packing list dialed in and make sure you are up for it. That’s a long trip just to jump into, and you’ll never know whether you’ll like it or whether your fitness is up for it until you get out there. Maybe a ride to the beach on the East Coast or Gulf Coast would be nice as a short tour.
I've biked off and on for the last 25 years or so. Trying now to ride a bit every day, even if it's only on my indoor Schwinn Airdyne during bad weather. Have done a few trips with friends (2-3 days), where we carried our gear. I have a busy spring schedule, so will be hard for me to get away until June. My thinking, start off slowly. Maybe only do 30 miles or so a day for the first week or two. I've thought about a ride to the Gulf, but that's at least 500 miles, east coast even farther. In a worst case scenario, I told my wife I might call her after a couple of weeks, to come and get me, if things got bad. She's ok with that. But I don't see that happening.