View Single Post
Old 11-05-18, 08:12 PM
Fahrenheit531 
52psi

Bikes: Schwinn Volare ('78); Raleigh Competition GS ('79)

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 802 Times in 391 Posts
I switched from Camels to e-cigs five or six years ago... that made a huge difference to my lungs. Still less than ideal, but better.
Last summer I started reducing the nicotine in my juice and by October I was at zero nicotine; at that point the whole vape thing was distinctly unsatisfying and I was able to toss the whole rig after about two days. Haven't looked back since.

There's the occasional moments where a smoke crosses my mind. But they're very specific situations and it's pretty easy to disregard the momentary cravings now.

I'm sure my cycling will forever suffer -- at least somewhat -- from my 25 years at a pack a day and my several years of vape juice. But I'm definitely better off than I used to be. And for the record, I'll wholeheartedly endorse vapes over cigs if you hit a point where you must have nicotine. Sure, they're not proven harmless and probably aren't; but cigs are proven lethal and I'll take a "maybe" over a "for sure" in that category any day.

Good luck and don't quit quitting.
A race bike in any era is a highly personal choice that at its "best" balances the requirements of fit, weight, handling, durability and cost tempered by the willingness to toss it and oneself down the pavement at considerable speed. ~Bandera