View Single Post
Old 11-06-18, 12:01 PM
chelvel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
"The way I compare bikes?" I don't get it. Which exactly are the control variables? Please explain what the research can possible show...
AHRate and ASpeed are observed. They are more or less proportional. You can choose scales for AHRate and ASpeed such that they go very close to each other. Now all you have to watch is the difference between them. Some rides AHRate is higher, some rides it's ASpeed that is higher. It becomes very clear which ride was better and you can analize why it was (if you were enough anal to make remarks after the ride).

On the same rout "better" means higher ASpeed while AHRate is the same or lower. But you can see the ride as a "better" even if the ASpeed is lower, but AHRate is out of proportion lower. It all is clear on a graphs.

Originally Posted by Lazyass
My 2018 New Years resolution was to stop keeping track of my mileage, average speed and all that and I stuck to it. I stopped being obsessed with numbers.
While riding all I watch is a HR. I was foolish enough to ride in previous years near HRmax a lot. So I'm prone to it. Still like to bust myths though. There is a lot everywere.

Originally Posted by autonomy
... when your average speed is 10mph, of course tires won't make a bit of a difference!
Can you elaborate?

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
When somebody invents a bike device that can measure how much fun we are having, that will change everything.
Too much fun will kill you! (I mean TOOOO much.)

Originally Posted by woodcraft
I've found ice to be a major influence- spike in HR, abrupt drop in speed.

No chart, though, & small sample size.
Yep. In winter AHRate graph goes much higher than ASpeed.