View Single Post
Old 11-06-18, 06:34 PM
BocaJr

Bikes: '71 Peugeot UO-8, '83 Trek 720, '81 Trek 412, '83 Trek 620, '72 Atala Competizione, '51 Raleigh Sports 'C' Tourist, '58 Raleigh Sports, '91 Bridgestone MB-1, '94 Specialized StumpJumper

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by specialmonkey
Nice job! Anything notable in bringing it back to good service? I'm considering doing the same and wonder if keeping it original is the best idea? I'm leaning towards that.
Did you keep the Rigida rims and rear Helicomatic hub? Are those Cane Creek hoods? Are you using the original Dia-Compe Cantilevers? Do they work OK?
Which brake pads are you using? They look like Kool Stop Eagle 2s. I haven't been able to fit these in a way that they're correctly oriented but still allow for quick release wheel removal without the pads hitting the stays ... Nice Paselas. Any plans for fenders?
Thanks SM! Nothing outside of regular maintenance in bringing it back. All the original components were still in good shape, so I decided to stick with it. I guess the hardest thing was trying to get a good color match for chips/rust spots on the frame. That Dupont Imron in Dark Pewter was a hard match. It seems the metallic Imrom paint has sooo much metal flake!! I kept the rims and Helicomatic hub. The brake hoods are the Dia-Compe 204's. Yes, I went with the Kool Stop Eagle 2's and kept the DC cantis. I had the same problems fitting the brake pads and setting up the cantis.. Thinking about fenders with all that clearance at the fork and brake bridge.