Old 11-08-18, 09:50 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by igorek
Sold a saddle to a "nice" individual and I am about to ship it but then I see a message:

"I should have purchased the brand new one for $20 less. Took you two days to ship and I have an expected arrival date of 11/15. You want positive feedback? Then you need to get in the game! Last time I do business with you. This seat better be flawless or it’s coming back to you."

I want to cancel it what recourse do I have here? I already paid for shipping through ebay. Also my description said on delivery "Estimated within 6-9 business days
Includes 5 business days handling time after receipt of cleared payment." and "No returns"
As an EX seller there (high volume Power Seller), I advise you to contact the buyer and offer to cancel the order. Personally I'd offer to cancel it if you haven't sent it, or to send him a return label if he wanted to return it. If you are concerned about feedback left, this one is almost certainly going to be a ding.

As for why this happened, as a general rule you should actually ship on the day that you purchased the shipping. I know, you want him to get that notice that it's "shipped" but if you then DON'T ship, you've already set up his expectations that are going to fail.

Secondly, while you CAN specify "5 business days handling time" that's a terrible idea. 1, a lot of buyers won't read that and 2, almost all buyers are going to expect better performance, and 3, there's no reason for it. Get it in the mail within 1 day of payment at worst. SAME day is the way to do it right.