View Single Post
Old 11-09-18, 05:17 PM
LesG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
Not my hybrid, but we were visiting my folks in SW Utah and did a bunch of bike riding last week. Here we are in Snow Canyon, just north of St George. Dad's got two e-bikes purchased as e-bikes, and one 2015 Trek 8.4 DS mid-drive conversion. This trip took us about 40 miles, including up and down Snow Canyon and then across Red Hills Parkway, a ride that would be an absolute killer on a pedal bike for all but the most seasoned of cyclists. Translation: I'd have been walking up the hills
Last June we took most of the month off and traveled out west to several national parks. Zion was one of the places we went to. It was really hot and really hilly and of course really pretty. In spite of some controversy about ebikes, they wouldn't be an option, they would be mandatory for me out there... I don't get along with steep, long grades and temps near or above 100 degrees .

Anyway, thanks for posting those photos, absolutely gorgeous and a great memory(s) for you. I'm a bit jealous because I didn't do any bike riding out west except for a comfort bike rental at Grand Canyon.