Old 11-10-18, 10:01 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Originally Posted by LesG
Zion was one of the places we went to. It was really hot and really hilly and of course really pretty. In spite of some controversy about ebikes, they wouldn't be an option, they would be mandatory for me out there... I don't get along with steep, long grades and temps near or above 100 degrees .
We went to Zion last year, but dad had only one e-bike (the Magnum Peak), and my brother rode that. We parked at the lower campground and started up the hill to the top/back of the canyon, and we made it about halfway before the rest of the group was too pooped to go any further. My brother, of course, could have gone all day! In fact, mom and dad sometimes take the their bikes (now that they both have e-bikes) to Zion when it's cooler there to escape the heat of St George, and they'll ride up and down the canyon road a few times. We didn't get a chance to do that this trip, but we'll aim to do it next time. Cycling in Zion is a real treat. Here's my daughter last year, riding the 8.4 DS before it was electrified, in Zion. For those who haven't been before, the grade really is as steep as it looks in this picture.

IMG_20180330_120445282 by jnjadcock, on Flickr