Old 11-10-18, 10:14 PM
baj2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
ha, you know, I have to agree with this, when we drive our cars, once in a while there is a complete dickhead who does something just out of the blue and you wonder, what the heck what he was thinking, what a jerk.
so yes, once in a blue mooon it happens to us on bikes and yes, we are more vulnurable, so yes, it sucks, and the consequences are a lot more serious.
to sum it up, use a mirror and all of us can do is do our best at being vigilant and hope nothing really crappy happens.
If blue moons happen all the time in your neck of the woods, I'll agree. I'm pretty-much guaranteed to come across at least 1 jerk driver on any given ~40 mile road ride. Whether it's getting honked at in an annoying manner, passing unnecessarily close, or even some jackass in a diesel "rolling coal" just as he passes me. And I do use a mirror and am way more respectful of cars than they are of me.

There is a lot of negativity in this thread, but face it, there is way more negativity towards us on the road. I'm with the poster who said you need to speak up and start something if anything is going to change. Maybe we should start a GoFundMe page for some "Share the Road" billboard time or something.