Old 11-16-18, 09:27 AM
WarrenR

Bikes: 2005 Peugeot Evasion 2019 Trek Verve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
I have started carrying a trunk bag on most rides (except for on my MTB, where I don't carry near as much). In my trunk bag, I have tire changing tools (tire levers and a tire jack), a tire boot and a couple of tube patch kits, a mini pump, a multi-tool, a few grease rags, a KMC Missing Link for a 7/8 speed chain and one for a 9 speed chain, and a compact chain tool. That stuff will let me fix nearly any flat, regardless of how tight a tire might be on a wheel, and will get a broken chain going again. I also have light medical stuff (bandages, and healing cream) and my daughter's inhaler when we go together. I may also add a brake and shift cable to the bag and a small pair of needle nose pliers with snippers. This stuff weighs hardly anything, and I'm already carrying the trunk bag anyway. And then my phone and wallet and keys go into the trunk also.

I don't carry this stuff as much for me, but to be able to help others while out riding.
I can relate, while I have had a flat once and my handlebars needed tightening once, I enjoy helping others out on the trails not as well equipped. The thanks I received more than make up for the added weight, plus you get to meet interesting people!