Old 11-21-18, 05:59 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
...Even when replying to an individual subscriber, I will use nested quotes......

I’m not interested in post counts per se, though they are hard to accumulate when writing long posts, but I have over 6000 in ten years on Bike Forums, with numerous quotes.
… I also occasionally engage in entre nous conversations, if you will, of a few posts in length on some public threads, when a particular subscriber and I have some interest in common to both of us…
As an aside to the topic of Forum communication via Mentions and Quotes, in 2014 I posted:
...Slightly off topic to this [other] thread, I have wondered how frequently subscribers post PM exchanges? I know PM’s are supposed to remain private, as well as the involved individuals, but I am curious about general experiences…

Myself, I have corresponded with nine of the subscribers mentioned in this [other] thread, as well as many other individuals. My exchanges have ranged from perfunctory, and often unrequited notes, to brief exchanges of information, occasional friendly chit-chats, to engaging conversations.

Since 2008, I have sent 2735 PM’s and received 1785 replies.
Just wonderin’

PS: Feel free to move to another, more appropriate Forum, e.g. General Cycling Discussion (if a new thread, with an appropriate title...e.g. Private Messaging...

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 11-21-18 at 06:30 AM. Reason: added PS