View Single Post
Old 11-21-18, 05:39 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Very nice, like my wife's potassium supps before bed. They don't fix it entirely for her, but they help. The better her conditioning, the fewer night cramps, limit being excellent condition = zero night cramps.

However the thing about drinking pickle juice has nothing to do with its electrolyte content. When I first told my doctor about it, he assured me that I was full of it. Electrolytes take a minimum of 20 minutes from mouth to blood, however pickle juice can stop cramps in seconds, never more than about a minute and a half. Physiologists have done some experiments and conclude that it's the taste and nothing more that stops the cramps. The taste activates something in the brain which turns the golgi organs (google) off, cramp gone. This works with pickle juice, mustard, a preparation known as a Hotshot, and 500mg brand name Tums. I don't know of others but they probably exist.
Hmm...Interesting. That's something I never would've thunk. Kind of cool, actually.