View Single Post
Old 11-25-18, 09:14 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
refresh my memory, what double setup did you have that you felt wasnt shifting well to the big ring? Was it 10 or 11 speed.
I assume you are using trigger shifters, what ones?

when you say you had diff shifting to the big ring, how specifically was it difficult? Hard to know (impossible really) on the interwebs and not doing the shifting myself to really get an idea of what you mean. One persons "difficult shifting" is another persons "no problem".

Im certainly not the right person for current systems recommendations, my troll is 9 speed triple, my wifes stock troll is that 10 speed 48/36/26 deore stock crankset that I put deore 10spd trigger shifters on to replace the thumbies that come with the stock bike, and I imagine 10 speed mtb triples like 44/32/24 or whatever they were are harder to find nowadays.

I have to ask also, do you plan to keep the bike or to sell it?
if not keeping it cuz you'll be using the ecr, then making it useable and letting someone else do what they want with it is always an option.

I figure there is always going to be a market for a troll for folks looking to do long trips far away, they are incredibly versatile bikes and those people know it.