Sempiternal Newb

Bikes: '92 Trek 750, '85 Univega Gran Turismo, '95 Stumpjumper,

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mixteup
Well, hey - This isn't a real active thread, so I guess I'll post another'n

Followed a C-list ad yesterday, down into the "War Zone", AKA post-hurricane Panama City, FL - Anyone living or traveling there knows exactly what I mean.
I bought it from a woman who was in the midst of getting rid of all her stuff, so she could move away -
After seeing how bad the whole place was destroyed, I could understand why. She spoke fondly of the bike, and said she'd miss it .......

Anyway, it's a pretty cool (at least I think so) 1984 Bianchi Grizzly.
I think these would be more properly considered to be an ATB, rather than a pure mountain bike.
Ishiwata tubing, Suntour Mountec derailleurs and Power Shift thumbies. Also a really nice looking Tagaki triple, Dia Compe brakes, and Araya rims.
I think my favorite component though, is the bull moose handlebar -
I'd normally say it would be too much reach for me, but the cool factor weighs heavily against changing it ...........
The whole drive train was obviously kept heavily oiled, and had the grunge build up to prove it, but I think it will all clean up nicely.

The bike cost me $55, net - I say "net", because I gave her $60, but stopping at the Dollar Store on the way home, I found a $5 bill, laying in the isle

Oh, I almost forgot - Happy Thanksgiving, y'all !
I must have missed that one! I've been keeping an eye on the marketplace sites, too, to see what people find in their garages after the roofs blew off. I snagged a nice newer Schwinn, but so far not a lot of bikes have been posted. Good catch!