Old 01-20-06, 02:17 PM
Twofer

Bikes: Serotta road bike, Lemond Poprad w/ Disc brakes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noisebeam
Great bike. Is it the orange 2006? With or without disc brakes?
Al

It will be a 59cm 2006 model - [cannible?] orange, with disc brakes, 10 gear rear cog [shimano 105?], carbon fork.

At buildup, I am having the Aheadset headset replaced with a black Chris King headset. I am also getting Crank Brothers stainless steel Egbeaters peddles, and the frame treated with JP Weigle Frame Saver. It's gonna be my all-weather-commuter-do-everything bike.

I've ridden the 2006 canti models, and they feel really good to me. Tried a 57cm, but it felt cramped in the cockpit. The 59cm felt much better. I had about 1/2" of standover in my street shoes on the 59cm. BTW, I am 6'1" with a 34" bicycle inseam and I wear a 16x36 dress shirt.

As far as I or my LBS can tell, the factory has yet to produce any 59cm Poprads with disc brakes. I have heard of a few 57cm Poprads with disc brakes, but no 59cm's yet. Delivery is currently expected at the end of January. I guess I'll be the "first kid on my block" to have one when it finally shows up. I am having a hard time waiting for it!

--twofer

Last edited by Twofer; 01-20-06 at 02:25 PM.