View Single Post
Old 11-29-18, 12:09 PM
efleigh89

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phamilton
Winter has arrived earlier than expected and the fenders I ordered are taking longer than expected to ship so I temporarily fit a spare set of fenders from an old Dutch bike in the shed. They’re too big, not the right color, and steel, they’re heavy, and every tiny pebble the tires grab pings when it comes off inside the fenders - but they’re really long and really effective. The snow/ice/salt/sand/mud of the last two days would have made a mess without them so I’m glad I put them on.

It has also made me realize a need for studded tires way sooner than I anticipated, so I’m sort of having to scramble now to get some ordered. The Black Friday sales that made them kind of instantly affordable have expired and now will just have to wait another week to order them at full price but the weather is supposed to be clearing for a few days anyway. I had expected and planned to pay full price in another few weeks so was just disappointed when a sale came up and passed before I could act on it.

Replaced the front brake with a Tektro that uses threaded post pads which after adjustment works much better than the stock unit. All the cables/housings arrived, just waiting on stem and bar ends to tackle the cockpit update, maybe this weekend.

Bike is running great, the engine is tired though. I sort of have a lot of work to do, considering starting a build thread and updating “finished” bike here.
id be interested in seeing a build thread for a trek multitrack.