Old 11-30-18, 02:56 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Slightspeed
I can't imagine not riding. I do know the days I might be busy doing other things, or having weather issues, I think how much harder it will be to get up to speed, for every day spent off the bike. The more you ride, the more you ride. I see kids sitting around being bored, getting in trouble, shooting each other, and wonder how different it might be, if they were out riding their bike, or at least working on it for tomorrow's ride. Bikes are wonderful things, but you have to ride them to make them work for you.

One day before the start of a Solvang Century, it was raining. Each of us was waiting for the other to bail on the ride. Neither of us would give in, 5 miles later, the sun came out and we had a great ride. Sometimes its just being too stubborn to quit, kind of a reverse of lack of motivation.

Here in LA it's been raining all day. No ride today. I can't imagine living somewhere where weather kept you off the bike for any extended time. One day in a row is enough for me. ��
Today's rare rain reminded me of back East. It rains every day, but its a predictable rain so you just learn to ride between the drops.