View Single Post
Old 11-30-18, 03:56 PM
bassboy1126

Bikes: State Bicycle Undefeated II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd say for your first fixed gear bike, you should go for a steel frame. Steel frames tend to be on the lower cost side, but do watch out for what kind of steel the frame is made out of. For example, double butted 4130 grade chromoly steel and Reynolds 725 chromoly steel are definitely the best kinds of steel frames. My first fixed gear was a 4130 core-line state bicycle. I bought 4 years ago and haven't had a problems with it. Wabi cycles makes great steel bikes. There's also All City, Pure fix. There's also the Aventon Cordoba. it has a double butted 6061 Aluminum alloy frame. I've ridden this bike a couple times, and you definitely get a bang for your bike. The specs on this bike are good for the price point. As long as you look at the specs of a bike, and they look good then it'll last you a while. I would go more into it, but I'm not an expert. You should look up Zach Gallardo on youtube. He seriously knows what he's talking about in the fixed gear/single speed world. Check out "How to Spot the Best Beginner Fixed Gear bikes" on his channel.