View Single Post
Old 12-01-18, 12:20 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1806 Post(s)
Liked 1,667 Times in 955 Posts
Sometimes, if it ain't fun, then it's time to stop.

I too have lost motivation from time to time. In fact, I'm in a slump right now. After 15,000 miles in 3 years with out hardly more than 2 days off in a row, (& the occassional 5 day week) I realized my legs were just tired. I could ride anywhere I wanted, for as long as I wanted and with rare exception my heart rate was a chill 120-130 bpm churning out 200+ watt average rides day in and day out. Riding harder just got tireder legs.

I simply wasn't getting anything out of it except a Thursday social group. My body had adapted. My body had specialized. My mind got bored, so I stopped.

To break out of my slump, I figured I had to change it up a bit. So, for the winter I bought a 3 month limited term membership to the local health club. I paid in cash so they wouldn't/couldn't decide to keep charging my card. (Health clubs are shady in that way.) I now have 3 months to make the most of my purchase.

Lately, I've fancied the StairMaster. I check the leader board/high score on whatever machine...Then beat it. You wouldn't believe how many people can't hack 10 minutes on it. Setting records makes me feel good. With my cyclist legs, I shoot for an hour. The goal is to be stronger for when I get back on the bike. Maybe I can get a KOM at least once, somewhere, anywhere, when I get back on the bike. It doesn't really matter though. The point is just to do something different for a while and the gym has lots of options.

Maybe that's what you need: just something different for a while.

Last edited by base2; 12-01-18 at 12:37 PM.