Old 12-02-18, 08:14 PM
ollo_ollo

Bikes: Still have a few left!

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked 532 Times in 267 Posts
Update to post #6238 :

Sold my Lotus Classique and converted the fund$ into bike goodies! Crummy weather had me in my workshop recently and the 2 mountain bikes benefited. Both got a clean-up. From the new stuff, Schwinn Moab got Continental Sports Contact tires. Then, she received a white Vetta saddle & some yellow fenders from NW Hub. Scraps of white bar tape dressed up the bar ends. Bike is very ride-able right now, BB and headset seem OK, hubs aren't to bad & wheels are true. Probably just ride it as is until Spring.

I cleaned up the Montare and put an old Brooks on so I could do a brief ride.(thanks to crank_addict's PSA, a San Marco Regal is on the way) The "broken" (according to seller)derailleurs work fine, but both shifters were in-op. Flushing/re-lubing got the right one working, but I couldn't help the left. Something does seem to be broken inside. Found a brand new Deore XT shifter online for $10. Wheels are still true, but hubs, headset, BB all need an overhaul. I intended to touch-up the paint scrapes and chips, but after polishing compound and wax, I kind of like the look, so will leave it as is for now. Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Schwinn-Moab-.2-a.jpg (1.40 MB, 861 views)
File Type: jpg