Phamilton
Virgo

Bikes: A touring bike and a hybrid

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Phamilton

This thread isn’t a blog, and you’re the one who called it wisdom, not me. Have you ever thought about being a mod? Could be a really good fit for you. You’d have a lot more control over the things people say and where they say them. And it’d be endlessly entertaining. You, like anybody else on BF, may report my post if you find that it’s off topic or offensive, and a mod can delete it or move it as necessary. But the sentiment that I want other people to enjoy cycling, the frustration with cyclists cutting down other cyclists or groups of cyclists, and the other content in this thread provided by myself and other bike commuters about cycling seems pretty well-placed in the commuting sub. If you’re still taking something else from my sentiments and/or the thread in general, that’s quite literally your problem.
Somebody earlier on, I don’t remember who, mentioned it as a point of pride that they’d never blocked anybody on BF. If pro-cycling talk gets under anybody’s skin, maybe it’s time to consider using the ignore feature. I’ve never used it myself on BF but I’ve blocked people on Facebook. But frankly if pro-cycling talk gets under somebody’s skin, maybe BF isn’t the best place to find entertainment. I can think of at least a few members among the thousands here who are pro-cycling.