Mr.Motorvator

Bikes: Brompton, Moulton, Hase, Airnimal, Dahon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bromptons 'not designed for electric'

Originally Posted by jpjuggler
I saw the swytch bike conversion for brompton...I was intrigued. I went to Local bike store that carries brompton.. the mechanic said bromptons are not engineered to handled power pulling from the front wheel. it damages the frame/folding point. I do not know if the mechanic was sharing credible info or not. As I saw this thread, has anyone else heard negative prediction regarding swytch/brompton? the mechanic also said that brompton is coming out with its own electric model and the whole bike was re-engineered to take pulling power from the front.....the brompton site for electric is uk only... nothing available in N. America......at this point,..
I hear this rubbish all the time: Bromptons own system drives the front wheel OK so why not others? I have ridden my NANO conversions EVERY DAY for 10 years with no fork/frame problems. It is quite typical of every manufacturer to refuse warranty on any modifications they didn't think of themselves. Pashley the same: I have converted every one of their bikes and I bought my first Tri-1 from the guy who designed it - Richard Cresswell - and he fitted a motor for me.