Old 12-09-18, 05:02 PM
Honusms 

Bikes: More than my husband knows about

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 20 Posts
Here it is together now. It’s rideable with all the original components. I was surprised how well the cork brake pads work. I have Kool Stops waiting in the wings, but for now I’ll keep these. I have some Grand Bois Cypres tires ready to install, but the old Michelins roll just fine for now. There are a couple of spoke nipples that I want to replace and the tire switch will take place concurrently. I found a bunch of spare spokes tucked into the frame pump.

I took it for a spin to pick up some milk and more nitrile gloves and was blown away by the responsiveness - push and it jumps. The elliptical chainrings are interesting, but intuitive. The front dual cable

derailleur shifts super smoothly, and the rear Huret Duopar is no slouch, either. Handling is solid with turns at slow and not-so-slow speeds. All the lights work. There’s enough seat post slot for saddle adjustment without disturbing the rear brake cable. The fit’s great right off the work stand. And I don’t have to go to work tomorrow ☺️.

Last edited by Honusms; 12-09-18 at 05:29 PM.