Old 12-11-18, 09:11 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by TXsailor
There are some very strong adhesives that we use in areospace that would definitely hold it as long as it was prepped right and had enough surface area. Don't give up on it yet.
I agree. Also in windshield repair, etc.

The only issue is access to the area that needs to be glued. There's external access and internal access. TXsailor's fix is the best, most thorough, etc. But that would really require something "beyond." Perhaps there is a way to defeat the bond at the lower head tube lug, and if there is, then that would be ace.

Without disassembling, you've got access issues, but it almost sounds like the bond you need to fix is the aluminum tube to aluminum sleeve at the head tube?
Externally approaching this, you can only make access via holes you drill, hope you're in the right spot, and inject some kind of adhesive viscous enough to get in there under minor pressure and get into the failed areas.

Here's hoping there's an engineer out there who likes this kind of a challenge. There are tons who like to tinker, and finding the right man or woman to do it would be a huge stroke of luck. We at Ironman Empire should be able to reach out if each of us asks someone.

There's likely a way, just beyond my experience level. The guy who sold me my Carbon-R is a freak expert on this kind of stuff. I'll try to reach out to him.

Maybe we could crowd-source the repairs. There's a big world out there.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 12-11-18 at 09:18 AM.